This is the second announcement of the conference "Combinatorial and
Geometric Group Theory in honor of A.Yu. Olshanskii" (Nashville, May
1. For the general information about the conference, click here:
Reminder: The Shanks lecture by Alex Lubotzky will be given on May 7.
2. The (tentative) list of people giving one hour talks (in addition to
Shanks lecture) is here:
3. The information about travel to Vanderbilt, local attractions, etc.,
be found here:
4. The information about getting financial aid, visas, etc. can be found
5. If you plan to attend the conference, you need to register here:
The deadline for registration is March 1. It would be much better and
cheaper to send us the registration fee by mail (checks and credit cards
6. If you plan to give a talk, submit the abstract of your talk:
The deadline is March 1, but the sooner you do it, the better.
7. The conference dinner will take place on May 7 in Holiday Inn Select
hotel. In the registration form, please indicate whether you want to
participate in the dinner ($35 per person), whether you bring somebody
you, whether you prefer steak, fish or chicken and other food
(kosher or vegetarian food, for example).
8. Also in the registration form, please indicate if you need a special
letter of invitation for visa purposes. If so, please give us your
and exact spelling of your name in your passport.
For the organizing committee,