I am a PostDoc (non-tenure track Assistant Professor) in Mathematics at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN. My research interests are Operator Algebras, in particular Subfactors, Algebraic Quantum Field Theory, in particular Conformal Field Theory and Tensor Categories.
Room: SC 1418
Office hours: Tuesday 1:30pm - 2:30pm, Thursday 9am - 11am
Department of Mathematics
1326 Stevenson Center
Nashville, TN 37240
- Spring 2017: Math 3110: Complex Variables (TR 11-12:15)
- Fall 2015: Graduate Course: Algebraic and Topological Quantum Field Theory
- Spring 2015: Math 196: Differential Equations with Linear Algebra
- Fall 2014: Math 155A-23/24 (Recitations)
- 02/22/2017: Seminar Talk: Fusion Categories from Subfactors and Conformal Nets at UCSD.
- 02/23/2017: Seminar Talk: Defects in Algebraic Quantum Field Theory at UC Davis.
- 04/01/2017 - 04/02/2017: AMS Sectional Meeting at Indiana University, Bloomington, IN.
- Invited Talk: Realizability of Tambara-Yamagami Categories by Conformal Nets at AMS Special Session on "Fusion categories and applications" (Special Session #26A)
- 04/04/2017 - 04/07/2017: Quantum Field Theory: Concepts, Constructions ∧ Curved Spacetimes
- Invited Talk: TBA
- 04/28/2017: (TBC) Seminar Talk at Perimeter Institute
- 06/12/2017 - 06/16/2017:
Workshop: Subfactors, K-theory and Conformal Field Theory,
Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK.
- Invited Talk: TBA
- 01/09/2017 - 06/23/2017 (TBD): Operator Algebras: Subfactors and their Applications, Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK.
- 09/19/2017 - 09/22/2017:
Advances in Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, Palazzo Corsini, "Accademia dei Lincei", Rome, Italy.
- Invited Plenary Talk: TBA
Past Events and Given Talks2017
- 01/27/2017: Colloquium at LSU, Baton Rouge, LA.
- 01/04/2017 - 01/07/2017: Joint Mathematics Meetings 2017, Atlanta, GA.
- Invited Talk: Generalized fixed points of conformal nets at AMS Special Session on Advances in Operator Algebras, I [slides]
- 11/14/2016 - 11/23/2016:
Berkeley-Tokyo Autumn School - Quantum Field Theory and Subfactors.
UC Berkeley, CA.
- Invited Lectures: Conformal Nets and Tensor Categories I-III
- Notes: Lecture I
- 11/01/2016 - 11/03/2016: Visting: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- Invited talk: Generalized orbifold construction for conformal nets, Noncommutative Geometry Seminar.
- Invited talk: Extensions of modular tensor categories and subtheories in conformal field theory, Quantum Algebra & Quantum Topology Seminar
- 10/08/2016 - 10/10/2016: Workshop on Subfactors, Quantum Field Theory and Quantum Information, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.
- 10/01/2016 - 10/02/2016: East Coast Operator Algebras Symposium 2016, Loyola University, Chicago, IL.
- 09/20/2016: Invited Talk at Algebra seminar: Generalized Orbifolds in Conformal Field Theory, Emory University, Atlanta, GA.
- 07/24/2016 - 07/30/2016: Oberwolfach Workshop 1630 "Recent Mathematical Developments in Quantum Field Theory", Mathematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach, Germany.
- 07/04/2016 - 07/08/2016:
Workshop "Von Neumann Algebras",
HIM, Bonn, Germany.
- Invited Talk: Generalized fixed points of conformal nets and quantum double subfactors
- 07/01/2016 - 07/24/2016:
Hausdorff Trimester Program: Von Neumann Algebras (Trimester: 05/02/2016 - 08/26/2016),
HIM, Bonn, Germany.
- Invited Talk: Defects and Phase boundaries in Algebraic Conformal Quantum Field Theory - Trimester Semimar (07/20/2016)
- 06/27/2016 - 07/01/2016: Mathematics and Physics at the Crossroad, INFN, Frascati, Italy.
- 06/27/2016 - 06/29/2016:
Operator Algebras and Quantum Field Theory - Dedicated to the memory of John E. Roberts,
INFN - Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati, Italy.
- Invited Talk: Conformal nets, alpha-induction and defects
- 05/27/2016 - 05/28/2016:
38th LQP Workshop "Foundations and Constructive Aspects of QFT", TU München, Munich, Germany.
- Talk: Generalized Orbifolds in Algebraic Conformal QFT (05/27/2016) [slides]
- 05/17/2016 - 05/25/2016: NCGOA Spring Institute 2016, HIM, Bonn, Germany.
- 05/08/2016 - 05/26/2016 Hausdorff Trimester Program: Von Neumann Algebras (Trimester: 05/02/2016 - 08/26/2016), HIM, Bonn, Germany. [Video]
- 04/09/2016 - 04/10/2016: AMS
Spring Western Sectional Meeting University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Invited Talk: Conformal nets and unitary fusion categories at Special Session on Fusion Categories and Topological Phases of Matter.
- 04/01/2016 Talk in Subfactor Seminar: Commutative Algebras in Braided Tensor Categories and Quantum Symmetries, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN.
- 03/07/2016 - 03/11/2015: Visiting: University of California Los Angeles.
- Talk: Subfactors and Defects in Conformal Field Theory
- 01/06/2016 - 01/09/2016: Joint Mathematics Meeting 2016, Seattle, WA.
- Co-organizer: AMS Special Session on Classification Problems in Operator Algebras (01/08/2016).
- 12/07/2015 - 12/10/2015: First joint meeting SBM - SBMAC - RSME, Universidade Federal do Ceará, Fortaleza, Brazil.
- Invited Talk: Conformal Nets, Defects and Realization of Quantum Doubles in Special Session: Operator Algebras
- 11/06/2015 Talk in Subfactor Seminar: Generalized Orbifold Construction for Conformal Nets, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN.
- 10/17/2015 - 10/18/2015: AMS Sectional Meeting at the University of Memphis in Memphis, TN.
- Invited Talk: Quantum Doubles and Conformal Field Theory (10/17/2015)
- 10/10/2015 - 10/11/2015: West Coast Operator Algebra Seminar, University of California, San Diego, CA.
- 07/13/2015 - 07/17/2015: International Conference On Subfactor Theory in Mathemhematics and Physics, Quinhuangdao, China.
- 07/06/2015 - 07/12/2015: Visiting University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Invited talk (FMPS Lecture): Conformal Field Theory, Subfactors and Planar Algebras (07/08/2015)
- 05/26/2015 - 05/30/2015: GPOTS 2015,
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
- Contributed talk: A planar algebraic description of defect lines in conformal field theory (05/26/2015) [slides]
- 05/01/2015 - 05/07/2015: NCGOA Spring Institute 2015 - Operator Algebras and Approximation Properties of Groups, Department of Mathematics - Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN.
- 03/22/2015 - 03/28/2015: Oberwolfach Workshop 1513 "Subfactors and Conformal Field Theory",
Mathematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach, Germany.
- Invited talk: An Algebraic Conformal Quantum Field Theory Approach to Defects (03/28/2015)
- 01/10/2015 - 01/13/2015: Joint Mathematics Meeting, San Antonio, TX.
- 10/31/2014: Explanatory Talk in Subfactor seminar "Realizing representation categories of compact groups in higher dimensional quantum field theories" (after Doplicher, Piacitelli), Vanderbilt University.
- 09/05/2014: Talk in Subfactor seminar "A center construction for braided subfactors and defects of conformal nets", Vanderbilt University.
- 07/21/2014: Talk in QFT seminar "VOA approach to CQFT", University of Göttingen.
- 05/19/2014 - 05/23/2014: Algebraic Quantum Field Theory - Its status and its future, ESI - Vienna.
- 05/11/2014 - 05/16/2014: University of California Berkeley, Department of Mathematics, Berkeley, CA.
- 05/14/2014: Seminar Talk: "(Re-)constructing VOAs from Conformal Nets"
- 05/02/2014 - 05/08/2014: NCGOA Spring Institute 2014 - Subfactors, CFT, and VOA, Department of Mathematics - Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN.
- 05/08/2014: Invited talk: "Topological Defects and Phase Boundaries in Algebraic Conformal Quantum Field Theory" [slides]
- 03/18/2014 - 03/20/2014: DPG Spring Meeting, Berlin.
- 03/20/2014 Talk: "Phase Boundaries in Algebraic Conformal QFT"
- 12/01/2013 - 12/04/2013: Visiting: Fachbereich Mathematik - Universtität Hamburg.
- 11/27/2013 - 11/29/2013: Lecture Series: A solvable (noncommutative) QFT in 4 dimensions, Universität Göttingen.
- 11/14/2013 - 11/16/2013: 33rd Workshop
"Foundations and Constructive Aspects of QFT", Göttingen, Germany,
- 10/07/2013 - 10/10/2013: Second Erlangen Fall School on Quantum Geometry, Erlangen, Germany.
- 07/08/2013 - 07/12/2013: Mathematics and Quantum Physics, Roma, Accademia dei Lincei.
- 05/31/2013 - 06/01/2013: 32nd Workshop
"Foundations and Constructive Aspects of QFT", Bergische Universität Wuppertal.
- Talk: "Characterization of rational conformal QFTs and their boundary conditions" [slides]
- 04/26/2013: Seminar Talk about Braided Subfactors and CFT in the Higher Structures seminar, Universität Göttingen.
- 03/14/2013: Meeting of Research Training Groups 1463 (Hannover), 1493 (Göttingen), 1670 (Hamburg) in Hannover.
- 02/26/2013 - 02/28/2013: DPG Frühjahrstagung in Jena, Germany.
- 01/18/2013 - 02/01/2013: Visiting Graduate School of Mathematical Sciences, University of Tokyo.
- 12/11/2012 - 12/13/2012: Mathematical
Physics Trimester at
Hausdorff Research Institute for Mathematics, Bonn.
- 12/12/2012: Invited talk: "Characterization of 2D conformal quantum field theories and their boundary conditions"
- 11/23/2012 - 11/24/2012: 31st Workshop "Foundations and Constructive Aspects of QFT", Universität Leipzig.
- 07/30/2012 - 08/01/2012: Mathematical Aspects of Quantum Field Theory and Quantum Statistical Mechanics, Hamburg, Germany.
- 05/04/2012 - 05/10/2012: Conformal Field Theory and von Neumann Algebras, Vanderbilt University.
- 02/27/2012 - 03/02/2012: DPG Frühjahrstagung in Göttingen, Germany.
- 02/06/2012: Quantum Field Theory seminar of the Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Göttingen.
- Seminar talk: "Construction of two-dimensional QFTs by Longo-Witten endomorphisms of chiral QFTs"
- 11/18/2011 - 11/19/2011: 29th Workshop "Foundations and Constructive Aspects of QFT",
- Talk: "Longo-Witten Endomorphisms and Construction of Wedge-Local Nets" (11/18/2011)
- 07/01/2011 - 07/02/2011: 28th Workshop "Foundations and Constructive Aspects of QFT", Universität Göttingen.
- 05/30/2011 - 06/01/2011: Meeting of GDRE GREFI-GENCO
Institut Henri Poincaré
- Talk: "Semigroup elements associated to conformal nets and boundary quantum field theory" (06/01/2011) [slides]
- 04/25/2011 - 04/30/2011: EU - NCG 4th Annual Meeting in Bucharest, Romania.
- Talk: "Local nets on Minkowski half-plane associated to lattices" (04/29/2011) [slides]
- 03/28/2011 - 04/01/2011: DPG Frühjahrstagung in Karlsruhe Germany.
- Talk: "Construction of Models in Boundary Quantum Field Theory" (03/31/2011)
- 01/10/2010 - 01/11/2010: CMTP Workshop "Two Days in QFT", Rome.
- 09/22/2010 - 09/25/2010: Seminal Interactions Between Mathematics and Physics, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, Roma.
- 08/16/2010 - 08/21/2010: Workshop: Operator Algebras and Conformal Field Theory, University of Oregon, Eugene OR.
- 06/18/2010 - 06/19/2010: 26th Workshop "Foundations and Constructive Aspects of QFT", Mathematisches Institut der Westfälischen Wilhelms-Universität, Münster, Germany.
People (collaborators, etc.)
Lists of Conferences (mainly operator algebras)
The online database of Vertex Operator Algebras and Modular Categories (Version 0.5)
AIM Open Problem List: Fusion Categories
Atlas of subfactors
ATLAS of finite group representations
The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences™ (OEIS™)
A Catalogue of Lattices
Resolve a DOI name
Create a PDF calendar online
2017-02-20 14:31:58. My Erdős number happens to be